‘Buy British’ campaign
Robert Maxwell‘s ‘Buy British’ campaign
According to his sympathetic biographer Joe Haines, the Labour Member of Parliament Robert Maxwell had the idea for a popular ‘Buy British’ campaign around the same time as the ‘I’m Backing Britain’ campaign emerged. Through an intermediary, Maxwell approached broadcaster David Frost; Frost gave a personal donation of £1,000 and invited Maxwell to appear on his television show on Friday 5 January 1968. On television Maxwell told viewers to “think before buying. Buy the home product or service first whenever you can, even if it means buying less for a time”. Maxwell tried to amalgamate his campaign with that of the Industrial Society, but the Society refused him. He therefore set up a rival “Help Britain Group”. Are you ‘Backing Britain’? All our web updating services, optimisation and services are carried out in the United Kingdom – Contact us for a FREE quote…
I’m Backing Britain. (2011, July 24). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 08:40, December 21, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I%27m_Backing_Britain&oldid=441230144
The Recession do list
- Get your project delivered within a specific time frame.
- Ensure good search engine optimization is employed.
- Get service from expert and experienced web and graphics designers.
- Reduce your project costs.
- We deliver quality all the time, so contact us now!.
- Customized web designs and graphics design at low rates.
- Use affordable hosting and design packages.
- Get the experience of an established team of designers .
- Customer satisfaction is our goal , so contact us now!.
Contact us for a FREE quote – we are based in the UK
Why aren’t people being told to buy British? (bbc.co.uk)
@veronica_henry – GILF is the new MILF. I have three friends who are definite GILFs.
@Marikacobbold – @veronica_henry Is GILF Granny I’d like to ….?.
Creating networks that increase sales are a vital part of business survival. Everybody is using networks like Twitter and Facebook however, the majority of advertising opportunities within these sites are shrinking. An interesting or funny tweet always works for me.
- We will update your website from £1.00 a page.
- We can host your site with a webpage from £30.00 per year. (This does not include buying the domain – but we can organise this for you.)
- Our services include free optimisation and submission to search engines including Google for our hosted clients.
- We can build you a Google friendly sitemap and submit it to them for £2.50.
- We can take the strain.
Contact us for a FREE quote
- The Internet is a tool that connects you with businesses and people and smart businesses, communicate with their clients directly, elevate their online charisma, and boost their sales; they stay in front of the curve and their rivals.
- All this is achievable by using the Internet to its full marketing, and interaction potential. Try your hand at real search engine optimisation, look at your site and fix those broken links, update the content, sort out the keywords and phrases. Harnessing the power of the Internet to improve your website’s rank in the search engine results pages is a way to achieve your dreams.
- Be more positive and proactive with your time, improve and inspire, corral your visitors and steer them towards your products. Create a cage that keeps them locked into your site; tame them so they don’t want to leave. Set your traps carefully and take money from your visitors.
- We are based in the UK – Business deals and the recession do list (ukgreenhosting.wordpress.com)
- Are you ‘Backing Britain’? (sitemaps-xml.com)
- From the blog of Veronica Henry (systemculture.com)
- Wedgwood Museum faces selloff to pay £134m pension debt after court ruling (guardian.co.uk)
- Updating (ukgreenhosting.wordpress.com)
- Evacuation plan for Brits in Spain amid warning euro collapse coud leave them stranded (mirror.co.uk)
Tags: Britain, David Frost, facebook, Google, Granny, I'm Backing Britain, Industrial Society, Joe Haines, Robert Maxwell, Search engine optimization, Social network, twitter, web design, Web Design and Development, Website
About morgue870176Death by Sushi' Fish can kill me. When I was very small (maybe 3 or 4 years old) my grandfather, who lost the sight of one eye from a bullet fired by a German sniper (fortunately not a very good one) during the Battle of the Somme in World War 1, wiped my face with the corner of his apron, an apron he had used to wipe his filleting knife on. He was a grocery shopkeeper who specialized in wet fish. I think I am an artist (?)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.