I’m Backing Britain
All our web updating services, optimisation and services are carried out in the United Kingdom – Contact us for a FREE quote
I’m Backing Britain was a brief patriotic campaign aimed at boosting the British economy which flourished in early 1968. The campaign started spontaneously when five Surbiton secretaries volunteered to work an extra half an hour each day without pay in order to boost productivity, and urged others to do the same. This invitation received an enormous response and a campaign took off spectacularly, becoming a nationwide movement within a week. Trade unions were suspicious of, and some directly opposed to, the campaign as an attempt to extend working hours surreptitiously, and to hide inefficiency by management.
The campaign received official endorsement by the Prime Minister, Harold Wilson, but found being perceived as Government-endorsed was double-edged. The Union Flag logo encouraged by the campaign became highly visible on the high streets, and attempts were made to take over the campaign by Robert Maxwell who wanted to change its focus into an appeal to ‘Buy British’.
I’m Backing Britain. (2011, July 24). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 14:57, December 19, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I%27m_Backing_Britain&oldid=441230144
WE can guide you through the conception, birth pangs and sustainability of your web presence, we can create content for your website that can help you sell your products or services, we can optimize your site for search engines and submit them to the major players. We use a combination of automated and human processes to help you towards achieving world domination.
Contact us for a FREE quote
Economic downturns decrease monetary activity which means that businesses usually experience falling sales and lack of growth due to the cash flow doldrums. These economic factors combined have created employment stagnation and redundancies. The larger the business, the tighter the squeeze.
Our other services:
- We will update your website from £1.00 a page.
- We can host your site with a webpage from £30.00 per year. (This does not include buying the domain – but we can organise this for you.)
- Our services include free optimisation and submission to search engines including Google for our hosted clients.
- We can build you a Google friendly sitemap and submit it to them for £2.50.
- We can take the strain.
Contact us for a FREE quote
Potential new business owners can take advantage of the opportunities created by an economic downturn. You are lean and mean with a well-thought out business concept; get the right support and advice, have good business planning and a proper sourcing of finance; this is a recipe for potential business success.
- Cut throat Christmas: At last the High Street’s busy, but is it too late for some stores? (dailymail.co.uk)
- UK & Coventry Business: Business news: Coventry verdict on Mary Portas high street saviour plan (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Evacuation plan for Brits in Spain amid warning euro collapse coud leave them stranded (mirror.co.uk)
- Articles written for other sites (thiswindow.org)
- Articles on business (m4tr.co.uk)
- Green Hosting (sitemaps-xml.com)
- Sitemaps = traffic (+ Green solutions) (m4tr.co.uk)